Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It’s a little disappointing.

I thought it would be fun to collect a list of links to candy companies that might have cool things celebrating Halloween this year. I figure it’s their big time of year to sell candy so why not push it with something fun, but apparently many candy companies don’t seem to keen on the idea.
Godiva has a little add about their Halloween selection, but to be fair they’ve been e-mailing me (I’m a member of their mailing list) about all kinds of Halloween sales, so they’re ok.
Pillsbury has a little Halloween recipe, but to be honest I can hardly call them a candy company.
On the little Debbie site all they have is a plug for “Fall Party” ideas, I mean come on, it’s Halloween!
Although Willy Wonka doesn’t have a Halloween link per se, they do have this thing that you can make a cool Umpa zombie thing, I guess to truly know if it’s a “Halloween” thing is to check back later.

The only “large” candy company to even have the word “Halloween” in it and the idea that some kids might trick or treat in hopes of getting some of the snacks they make was M&M. All in all I’m very disappointed with the big candy companies and look forward to a better effort next year.

CC

No comments: