Friday, January 04, 2008

San Fran ain’t all roses you know

While walking the streets of San Francisco I was really surprised at what a candy town this place is. I know Chicago has a really strong love of sweets but San Fran ranks pretty high as well.
I found all kinds of cool treats and sweets all over the place but I have to say I was little disappointed about one aspect of this towns sweet offerings, high-end chocolate stores.
Don’t get me wrong there where great snacks available in many of these stores, all of them even. The problem was most of the treats in these stores where the same treats in each of the store. Few if any had something original to offer and many of the treats where just the same thing you could buy at a grocery store. Most often I just found that these store where trying to sell you Ghirardelli chocolates at discount prices instead of offering something new.

CC



No comments: