Thursday, January 03, 2008

The Stinking Rose

One of the only eateries I knew about in San Francisco was a small place called the Stinking Rose. I knew about it because I heard it has the most garlic filled menu on earth and I’m a big fan of garlic.
Most importantly I heard that it had Garlic Ice cream, and there was no way I was going to let that go un-tasted. I have to admit I was geared up for disappointment. I’ve tried many novelty type deserts before and most often they layer it with another flavour so heavenly that you can’t even make out it’s weird sake.
Now I tried for a while to write what I thought of this treat but I just couldn’t give this description what it deserved. Then I remembered that Allison took some notes of my reaction so I’m just going to put them down and you decide:

“This is bizarre, I don’t know how to describe it.”

“Perplexing”

“It taste like raw garlic”

“My mouth isn’t working right.”

“The caramel mole sauce cuts down the garlic flavour”

CC

No comments: