Monday, March 03, 2008

Cup Cake or Muffin

While enjoying a little birthday treat today a problem came over me. What’s the difference between a muffin and cupcake?
My theory is a cupcake is a muffin with icing. So to prove this theory I picked up a Tim Hortons muffin (chocolate chip) and Allison slathered it with icing.
The conclusion, muffins are just cupcakes, and cupcakes are just muffins. The difference is the icing. Although this particular muffin wasn’t really built to handle cupcake style weight. I laugh at all you health nuts out there.

CC

4 comments:

Suzzi sayz said...

OMG MY POINT ALMOST EXACTLYYYYY

u should read my blog


lol @ u frosting a muffinnn

Chris Stewart said...

I see your points, but I disagree that the muffin is better than cupcakes and that all cupcakes taste the same.

jes. said...

cupcakes use cake batter whereas muffins use a batter closer to bread; not as much sugar. but jeeze that icing covered muffin looks yummie.

Chris Stewart said...

Doesn’t bread use dough not batter? Or are you saying that the difference between muffins and cupcakes is the sugar?