Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Marron Madness

I recently received an e-mail from Deborah asking me where I got my jar or Marron crème that I used in the Reece article for Candy Critic (Click here to check it out). Marron crème is a strange substance that’s basically candied chestnuts smashed into a butter like spread. I’m not a huge fan of the stuff but it’s ok. The problem is you don’t really see it around North America at all. In fact I’ve only seen it in a few specialty grocery shops and most of the time they’re hidden away. However if you go to Europe it’s pretty much all over the place. They love the stuff. Allison developed a taste for it when she used to get crepes on the streets of Paris. Put it on pancakes or maybe toast, just give it a try. While searching to see if I could find any for sale online I came across these:

Pocky with marron crème might be kind of tasty. I also found full cans of it too:


CC

No comments: