Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Book So what’s it about?

The book is about Japanese Snacks. I think snacks are a great way to look at people and cultures. I also think that snacks may have different meanings for different people so I expect to get a lot of criticism about what I feel is a snack and what isn’t. After all I’m sitting here eating Macaroni Salad and I would say that it’s a meal, mainly because I’m eating it at 12:30 pm. If I was eating this at 3 pm and I had eaten lunch then I would call it a snack.

The book however will not feature any Macaroni salad. For the purposes of the book I looked at snacks as being smaller treats, sometimes salty often sweet. Maybe something you might find these treats in your back pocket on in your knapsack. I guess it’s kind of hard to explain but I knew these snacks when I saw them and you could argue all you want.
I also decided to make this book all about the visual aspects of these snacks. The photography is really going to be the key thing I’m going to focus on. I love the visual side of candy, snacks, and pretty much all foods.

CC

4 comments:

Jim said...

Did you get lots of pictures of the snacks while in Japan?

Chris Stewart said...

As I posted earlier I got thousands of photos but out of those thousands I hope to have around 80 that are suitable for the book, I may narrow that down to around 50 or 60 but I'm not too sure right now.

Joe said...

Sounds like the book is comming along. Good luck!

Chris Stewart said...

Thanks