Thursday, October 22, 2009

Jon's Cereal Brigade!

Good Morning Everyone! As I sit here today with my next morning bowl of fruit loops I find I really have missed them after all these years. Surely the sacrifice in health I make for this expedition is worth it! I think Toucan Sam played it smart to last these years through the healthy cereal storm. While Cap'n Crunch increasingly took to violent means to ensure his cereal empire, ol' Sam holed up in his jungle and let mystery do what cannons did for the Capn'. Toucan Sam invites us to come in search of his cereal, following our nose...I like that style, how like water! I would have to give Fruit Loops a healthy 8 out of 10. And speaking of strategical geniuses, today's video is one of my favourite scenes from the movie Red Cliff - the story of how military genius ZhuGe Liang borrowed 100,000 arrows for his commander. ZhuGe Liang was a historical figure with a great deal of fiction attached to him, he occurs in the Chinese classic The Romance of the 3 Kingdoms (an event which historically came after the events at Red Cliff) and in addition to being a strategist he is credited with many inventions, including the steam bun (or mantou) - which is today is still an excellent breakfast food! Enjoy!

Jon

No comments: