Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How to find out if your friend is truly a Canadian.

Do you have a friend that claims to be Canadian? Does this person go about telling you how great free healthcare is and how cold things get? Not really sure if this person is really Canadian or just pretending to be that cool? Well here’s a tip that will out this person immediately, ask them about the “festive special”. If their eyes don’t light up and they don’t regale you with a story of Christmas’s past then they’re faking it.Every year here in Canada, the restaurant known as Swiss Chalet has this great dinner deal known as the festive special. The picture on top is of my finished plate because I just couldn’t wait when it got to me. The picture right above is one of the great bonuses of the festive special every year a chocolate treat. As the box says the festive special is a 20-year tradition and every year they have a great high quality chocolate treat to go with it. It used to be Toblerone bars when I was younger but now it’s a box of Lindt chocolates.
The assortment on these chocolates always seems to increase every year as well. When they first started giving these out they used to only have three different chocolates but there are five. All of which are tasty and all of which go perfectly with my quarter chicken festive special with fries and lots of dipping sauce.
CC

2 comments:

Richard said...

Excellent! Thank you for the tip! I shall test it out on my so-called "Canadian" friends! :D

Chris Stewart said...

If they fail the test let me know and I’ll report them to the “national pretending to be Canadian council”.