Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Professional Look At Extra Professional

So I just heard about this new Extra Professional gum and I was wondering whom I could ask that would know all about sugar, teeth, and those sorts of things. Then I remembered that I had a dentist appointment and figured Dr Archibald would be the perfect person to ask about this new gum.

I sat down in the chair waiting to have a cavity filled, and just as the numbing started in my gums I asked her if she would be willing to give her opinion. She was intrigued, although after reading the package the word “Lame” did come out. She read the ingredients and commented on the number of fake sugars and then asked if she could try out a piece.
The two first things she noticed after chewing for a second was a strong mint flavour and a rather granuly texture. Dr Archibald had mentioned that her teeth where feeling a little “plaquy” that day so her hopes where high. After a single fillings worth of time her final comments where “teeth are still plaquy and you should continue to brush your teeth”. However she was happy to endorse any gum that was sugar free, and she enjoyed the strong mint flavour of this particular gum. Thanks Dr Archibald!

CC

No comments: