Monday, November 29, 2010

Sun Chips Really Loud Bag

A few weeks back I reported that Sun Chips had a problem with their new compostable bag.  It was reported that the chip bag when crinkled was so loud that it actually disturbed people.  It was so bad that they decided to stop using the bag, in the US at least.
Well thanks to my crack Canadian corespondent I managed to get my hands on one of these bags.  So now I can answer two questions I've had about this new package.
The first is how loud could it really be?  The answer.  Incredibly loud, I thought at first it was kind of extreme to discontinue a package just because it was loud.  Then I heard the bag for myself and I'm blown away at how loud it really is.  The audio file above gives you only a sample.
The second question I have is how compostable are these bags.  To answer this I've decided to cut up my bag and toss it in with one of my potted plants.  I'll check in on it once in a while and we can see if it actually breaks down.

CC

No comments: