Tuesday, December 21, 2010

More About Athens Coffee Time Donuts

A few weeks ago I wrote about discovering that Coffee Time Donuts (a chain from Canada) has a few locations here in Athens.  Well today I decided to break down and pick up a donut to compare.  Now you might wonder why I would have to even think about buying a donut in the first place.  Well the fact that they cost about 1.50 Euros is pretty much the main reason.  That's more than 2 bucks in Canadian.
So today curiosity took over and with Allison's heavy encouragement we bought a donut.  We decided to go with a simple chocolate sprinkle in order to give it a fair comparison.  They had a few "fancy" flavours, but it wouldn't be fair if I couldn't compare it with something I'm familiar with in Canada.  As it turns out it's really not that bad or that different.  The only real difference is in the texture.  The Greek donut was a little bit fluffier than I remember the Canadian version being.  It's not surprising as I've found many Greek versions of baked goods to be a little fluffier than their original counterparts.  This is good to know, if I ever do get totally homesick, I know where to turn.

CC

1 comment:

pri cribun said...

see also coffee on my country Indonesia