Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Pillsbury Chocolate Souffle

They say that the souffle is one of the hardest deserts to make in all of cooking.  It requires perfect timing and must be served with most care in order for it to stay all puffy.  So it was really surprising to see that Pillsbury decided to give souffles a try, and even more amazing to see that it only takes one minute... in a microwave.
Now I'm sure fine pastry chefs all over the world might see this snack and either dismiss it or dis it as an impossible idea.  I even thought so myself.  I didn't doubt that it would taste good (as it does), I just doubted that it would be a nice souffle.
After it's required one minute in the microwave it did rise a little.  The thing is I would probably want to call this a lava cake over a souffle.  The center was good and gooey but it didn't really have the cake texture of a real souffle.  Don't get me wrong, I love this treat, I just wouldn't call it fine dinning.

CC

No comments: