Monday, March 28, 2011

Turkish Cypriot Treats

If you're not too familiar with Island of Cyprus, one might say that they're a little tension going on between the Greek Cypriots and the Turkish Cypriots.  The tension is like nothing I've ever seen before, and even crossing from one side of the border to the other was really strange.  I mainly stayed on the Greek side (mostly because that's where my hotel was) but when I did go across I made sure to check out a Turkish treat store.
They had all kinds of Turkish Delights to choose from.  I've even reviewed one here.  Also, to be politically correct, I've reviewed the Greek Cyprus Delight here.  Let me just say my opinions do not have any bearing on a political opinion about the country or the people.
In these Turkish sweets stores, they had all kinds of interesting treats including these beautiful jars of honey filled with nuts.  It's a little sad that the borders are so tense because the people on both sides are really nice, and the treats are all fantastic.

CC

No comments: