Monday, March 28, 2011

What's In Theater Food?

According to this article the FDA wants theater concession stands to display the nutritional value of their treats.  I have to say what's fair is fair, and if candy bars, fast food restaurants and many other food producers have to display them then theaters should not be excepted.  However, I don't want people to freak out when they notice how much fat and carbs are in these treats next time they go to the theater.  I want you to ignore the ingredient lists and continue eating as usual. I want you to do this because if you're deluding yourself into thinking that any of the concession foods are healthy then the shock might do more damage than the butter on your popcorn.

Click here to read the article.

CC

2 comments:

Alex said...

In NYC I think it's a requirement that any chain posts calorie counts of foods- when I was volunteering at the Tribeca film festival I realized that this included movie theaters. I will never eat those nachos again. I mean, I knew they couldn't be good for me, but a whole day's worth of calories in one go, and there isn't even chocolate involved? No thank you.

Chris Stewart said...

I have a secret love of theater nachos. I love them more than just about any snack on the face of the planet. In fact, if I felt that I could review theater nachos on Candy Critic it would get a perfect score. If I was told that for dinner, all next week, all I was getting was theater nachos I could die a happy man. I love overly salty corn chips and cheese sauces that appears to be more plastic than cheese, and I'm not afraid to admit it.