Friday, April 15, 2011

I Think the Onion and Doritos are in Cahoots

I think I may have stumbled on a product placement in the Onion (the satire newspaper).  Just before the Super Bowl this year, the Onion posted a really funny fake news piece about Doritos asking that the Super Bowl be delayed in order to give them more time to make an awsome comercial.
Now I come across another article from the Onion dealing with Doritos celebrating their "One Millionth Ingredient".  Both pieces are really funny but I started to sense a theme, and I wonder if Doritos is paying the Onion to make fun of them.

Click here to read article about the "One Millionth Ingredient".

The straw that broke the camels back for me was a real news item I found in the New York times about Doritos celebrating how they create new flavours.  It seems awfully similar to the Onion article only a little less silly.  Now this could either be a complete coincidence or there might also be some shenanigans a foot.

Click here to read the New York Times article.

CC

No comments: