Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Metsovo Greece

Allison and I took a day trip to the town of Metsovo in Greece.  It's really a nice place, beautiful mountains, great looking houses, and cool streets.  Best of all was the selection of candy available in many of the stores.  Almost all of it is hand made in small quantities.  It give you the feeling of care, and also the feeling that you're getting a really good quality treat.  I picked up a long bar of home made nougat that apparently is very popular in this region.  I'll have the review for it up next week during our special "Greek Treat Review-a-thon".
On a side note, during lunch we came across what I can only describe as not my cup of tea.  The things rotating on these spits is pork (or lamb), but that's not all.  The pork (or lamb) is then covered with intestines and slow cooked.  I can never understand why people want to eat things like intestines since they don't really give off a good flavour or texture.

CC

No comments: