Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Licorice Gummy Bear

The other day I was shooting some fancy candy photographs of gummy bears for a particular project.  I picked up a bag of fairly generic gummy bears, I really liked them because they had some new colours and they where super detailed.  The colour that surprised me the most was the black bears.  I can't say that I've ever seen black gummy bears before.  They looked great, and the shoot went perfectly.  After the shoot I enjoyed the spoils of my laybour and proceeded to munch the bears.  To my horror, the black gummy bears were in fact licorice flavoured.  Even if I put a side my general dislike for most things licorice, I have to say that it still didn't work in this context.  This bag was full of "Fruity Flavoured Gummy Bears",  and as far as I know, licorice is not a fruit.  I think they should have been some kind of berry or grape flavour instead.

CC

No comments: