Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Candy Store Tips - Too Many Toys

For many years now I've been lucky enough to explore candy stores all over the world.  I've seen the worst and I've seen the best.  Now, each week, I'm going to give you a tip that will help you know instantly how good any candy store you walk into might be.  This is also useful if you happen to own a candy store as well, follow these tips and customers will notice.
I think the decor of a candy store can really say a lot about the owner and about the quality of candy they offer.  If you see a chandelier chances are you're going to be offered some high quality treats, if you see stuffed toys and an uncut sheet of Garbage Pail Kids stickers on the wall, then you can be fairly certain you're going to get some of the best penny candy ever.  I often don't have a problem with stores decorating, however I do have a problem with stores over decorating.  In particular I don't like it when they fill their store up with more toys than candy.  I find this often leads to selling toys, and this often leads to selling more toys than candy, and this often leads to lower quality candy at a premium price.  It's not that I have a problem with candy stores diversifying a bit, I just get frustrated when a great candy store turns into a mediocre toy store.

I'd like to thank the beautiful Snyder's Candy for providing photos for this article.

CC

No comments: