Friday, November 25, 2011

Swiss Air Does Good

On our way home from Belgium we had a slight delay... by slight I mean our flight should have taken 3 hours but instead with all of the delays it took 16.  Most people on our flight were freaking out and complaining, me I just made the best of it.  The thing is, the folks at Swiss (the airline) did a lot to make us comfortable, including making sure that I was loaded with sweet treats.  We got a coupon to get ourselves some snacks while waiting for part of our journey and I was overjoyed.  I got myself a bottle of coke, a Twix Xtra and a bag of Curry Potato chips. I got the Coke and Twix as a "keep calm" treat, and the bag of chips to be adventurous.  The bag of chips was new, and it was tasty (you can read the review here), but that wasn't the only surprise in store for me.
As it turns out the Twix Xtra was also full of surprises.  I thought the Twix Xtra would be 4 regular Twix sticks in one package, but I was wrong.  Instead it was two gigantic Twix sticks in one package.  I'm not sure if this photo illustrates just how long and awesome these huge Twix sticks are.
Not only did I get these great treats, but every time we met with any staff member from Swiss, and it happened a lot, they would be sure to offer us a few bars of chocolate.  Now I'm not sure if the chocolate is made in Belgium, or in Switzerland, but really does that matter, it's free chocolate?

CC

1 comment:

CaliforniaKat said...

The chocolate they normally hand out is Swiss as a way to promote Swiss products, and it's rather good stuff. Been flying with them for a decade.

How were the Indian style chips? I did a post some time back on Tzatziki chips and I habitually seek out different flavors when traveling.

Also want to thank you for thinking of me with the art show invite. Whether I can come depends on the assignment I'm given. Cheers.