Monday, December 05, 2011

Just Desserts - Simply Burgers Cookie Cheesecake

My favorite Burger chain in all of Greece just introduced a new dessert to their menu.  Actually this is really their first dessert I've ever seen them offer on their menu since I started going to Simply Burgers.  That's not to say that they're unfamiliar with sweets, they've always offered Häagen-Dazs ice cream (but I don't count it because they don't make it) and they always give you a free brownie when you get delivery.  
The dessert in question is the Simply Burger Cookie Cheesecake, and it's pretty good.  It's a lighter cheesecake with a cookie bottom, chocolate cookie bits throughout it's light cheese cake center and it's topped with a chocolate frosting.  The only thing that I didn't like about it was the size of two of the cookie bits in the cake.  For the most part I really enjoyed the fact that the cheese filling has a great variety of sizes of cookie bits floating in it.  The problem was I got two bits that where huge, and that threw off the texture and flavour balance a little.  Since the bottom is made up of cookie as well, when you have a piece of cookie in the cake that is too large you're pretty much getting a mouthful of cookie with little cream.

I have to say that this is really a small problem and nothing to avoid this cake over at all.  I also look forward to this new trend at Simply Burgers and hope to see more of their own desserts hit the shelves.  Anybody else know a good dessert at a burger place?

CC

No comments: