Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Politically Incorrect Cookies

I'm not saying that these cookies are out and out racist, but I am saying that I felt rather uneasy when I saw them on the store shelf.  It may not seem like much by just looking at the package, but a little perspective is in order.  In this line of cookies all of the people depicted on the packages are white, except the people depicted on the packages of cookies covered in dark chocolate.  Most of the packages have pictures of Santa Clause (a white Santa Clause) giving gifts to little boys and girls.  I'm not sure who this fellow on this package is supposed to be, but the only cookies with whom he is represented are covered in dark chocolate.  Is this wrong, or am I just being an overly politically correct Canadian?

CC

No comments: