Monday, January 16, 2012

Candy Art - Unreal Rolled Hard Candy

 I came across these great pieces of edible hard candy art.  I'm always impressed that the detail people can get out of hard candy, and I can appreciate the skill it takes to get such detail.
 What blows me away most of all is the fact that these images aren't abstract.  I'm fairly familiar with the process of making this kind of treat, but I can't wrap my mind around how you create the pattern to make an understandable image.
For those that doubt that candy making is an art, these treats should really change your mind on the subject.

Check out some more of these amazing treats here.

CC

2 comments:

Ketutar said...

" I'm fairly familiar with the process of making this kind of treat, but I can't wrap my mind around how you create the pattern to make an understandable image."

There are some tutorials on-line on how to make polymer clay canes with different images. You start with big and when it's stretched, the image becomes small, but keeps approximately the same dimensions, and also any pattern you make. The process is the same with polymer clay, sushi or boiled sugar. :-)

Chris Stewart said...

It's amazing that there's no distortion. I may have to pick up some Fimo and experiment.