Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Are Free Samples Really a "Trend"?

I love free samples, in fact the number 1 reason I keep working on this site is the free samples, it sure as heck isn't the money it generates.  The two packages above are some free rusk cracker things I received while taking a walk around the Acropolis in Athens.  I don't review crackers or bread, but I'm sure as heck happy to get free samples.  I'm also fairly certain that I would not have tried these crunchy toast snacks had they not been given to me.  That basically means there is no way I would have ever even considered buying this product without the free sample.
Having said all of that, in the food industry there is a great deal of talk about if consumers do or do not react well to samples.  Really?.. Why in the world would people not react well to samples?  Here's some free _______, are you happy?  Taking away the free candy samples I get for this site, I have to say that samples are one of the driving forces behind me buying any new products.  If you give me something to try, and it's good, I will most likely buy it again in the future.  I'm convinced that the experts that say samples don't work, area people selling crappy products.  Sure you're putting yourself out there giving product away, but if you're not putting out something good, then you should be out of business, case closed.

CC

No comments: