Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Candy Art - Marshmallow Art Idea

My friends at Marshmallow Studio have inspired me.  Recently I learned that my friends at Marshmallow Studio (I've featured them in the past as Candy Art),  have come together with Jet Puffed Marshmallows to do a cross promotion.  When I found this out, I went back to their website, and explored their Facebook page, and I was inspired.
As you may or may not know, I'm not only a Candy Critic, but I do some art stuff on the side (You can click here, here, and here to see some of my stuff).  In my series called "Senses", I often try and incorporate some of my love of food.  I realized that marshmallows are a really unique food, and that their texture might make for an interesting art piece.
So I've decided to make a piece of art with a marshmallow theme, my friends at Marshmallow Studios have agreed to help out too.  I don't actually have a particular idea in mind as of yet, it's just a basic concept at this point.  I've also decided that for the first time ever in my life, I'm going to document my  entire creative process.  This week I'm going to inspect marshmallows, play with marshmallows, and figure some ideas as to how it can be turned into an art piece.

There is more to come... sketches I imagine.

CC

No comments: