Monday, June 25, 2012

Marshmallow Sketch

As I mentioned last week, I'm starting a new art project with the theme of marshmallows and texture.  It's a piece designed for my fine art series of photographs/mixed media called "Senses".  I've also decided to post regular updates on its progress, and give you guys an inside look at how I make my art.  I've finally come up with a basic idea for this piece.  The first thing I do is sketch out my ideas and I often use colour.  This lets me see any problems I have to deal with, and if the basic look will work out.  In this case, I've decided to burn a photograph of the marshmallows and have the frame leak out (what looks like) melted marshmallow.  The next step in this process is to photograph the marshmallows and figure out how I can make convincing melted marshmallow that will be leaking out of the frame.

CC

No comments: