Wednesday, August 08, 2012

90's Candy Video Week Part 3 - A Tear Over PB Crisps


I have a sad story about PB Crisps.  I was visiting my girlfriend's (at the time) family in Florida when I first discovered PB Crisps.  I went on a giant Florida Walmart shop (the giant is for the size of the Walmart), when I came across these fun Planters crunchy snacks.  I only picked up a couple of bags of these peanut buttery cookies, because I wasn't really sure if I'd like them.  I got back to the house we were staying at and I cracked a bag open.  I took one bite and I loved them to death.

Being a nice guy, I decided to share my joy with the rest of the household.  Everyone in the house was hooked on them in no time.  I decided that I would keep one of the two bags I bought for later, when I got back home to Canada.  I wasn't sure we'd have time to visit Walmart again, and I didn't want to be rude and ask to go back, just to get more PB Crisps.  On our last day in Florida, we're packing up (to leave that afternoon) and I came across my last remaining bag of PB Crisps, only it's almost empty.  In fact there's only two PB Crisps left in the bag.

Apparently my girlfriends grandfather loved them so much that he couldn't keep his hands off of them.  We certainly didn't have more time to get more, and I tried to explain that they didn't have them in Canada, but he didn't understand.  He figured I'd be back to the US soon, and I could get them when I come back.  As it turns out I didn't make it back in time, and they were discontinued.  I never got a last satisfying taste of this awesome treat.

CC

No comments: