Monday, September 03, 2012

This Week In Candy

I could really go for a slice of cake right now.  I have to be honest, I've never really made a cake before in my life that didn't come out of a box.  That's not to say I've never baked, in fact I think I've become a pretty good baker, I even enjoy making bread.  I've made a banana bread in the past, and that's kind of cake like, but it didn't have layers, or chocolate, so maybe it's not really cake.  Not sure why I started This Week In Candy with my talk about cake, I guess I just want to eat some.

The summer seems to be wrapping up nicely, and after a really hot time it appears that the Midwestern United States is starting to get a little rain, but it's probably too late.  Food prices are going to go up, a lot, and that means that candy prices will too.  Just because the Midwest doesn't grow sugar cane or cocoa, doesn't mean that price won't escalate.

Finally, I guess I should start thinking about Halloween this year.  I need to pick out a Halloween candy to review, and I'm always looking for stories you might have about your favorite candy related Halloween experiences.  I know it seems early, but this holiday always seems to sneak up on me.

CC

No comments: