Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Spreads - Mayonnaise

I just finished an art piece for bewarethecheese.com's fine art gallery "Senses". For this piece I had to photograph, and eventually eat more than 40 different spreads.  I've decided to post a little something about each spread that I sampled.
I once heard that mayonnaise is not the killer ingredient that most people think it is.  People often say that you have to be really careful about how you store and serve mayonnaise because it can spoil quickly and cause you to be sick.  According to some scientist, modern day mayonnaise is in fact almost never the problem with food poisoning.  They ran tests on mayonnaise and found that in some cases mayonnaise would actually kill some harmful bacteria.  So if you get sick from a turkey and mayonnaise sandwich, it's probably the turkey.

CC

No comments: