Friday, October 26, 2012

Spreads - Molasses

I just finished an art piece for bewarethecheese.com's fine art gallery "Senses". For this piece I had to photograph, and eventually eat more than 40 different spreads.  I've decided to post a little something about each spread that I sampled.
Have you ever heard of the great molasses tragedy in Boston in 1919.  A drum of the stuff exploded, covered a large area in black sticky goo, and several people lost their lives.  The first time I heard about this incident  I have to be honest, it seemed a little funny.  Imagine people running from a really slow wave of sugary goo.  Then I thought about it some more and realized that some people might have been cornered, and suffocating in this black tar like spread would be really horrible.  So I apologies to those that suffered this fate, and I promise never to chuckle at the idea of a giant, really slow, wave again.

CC

No comments: