Friday, November 23, 2012

Baking Today - Large Batches, and Why I Hate Them

 With all of the baking that I've been doing lately, someone finally ask me if I would bake some snacks for an event.  I decided that I would bake miniature forms of two of my already successful treats.  I went with mini chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and pomegranate seeds on top, as well as banana cupcakes with a cream cheese and chocolate frosting.
The one thing I learned from this experience is, I hate cooking large batches.  In fact, I often cook half batches for myself.  I do this because I like to perfect the flavour and the small details of each treat I bake.  With large batches you often don't have the time and you end up cutting corners more than exploring.  From now on it's small batches for me.

Wondering why I've been baking so much, I'll have some details next week.

CC

No comments: