Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pies From Harry

I just sampled a meat pie from Harry's Meat Pies in Woolomooloo (sp?).  Australians really love their meat pies, and this place is probably the most famous meat pie shop in all of Sydney, and maybe all of Australia.  I got something known as the Tiger, a beef pie covered in mashed potatoes, smashed green peas, and gravy. 

This was one tasty pie.  It had just a little bit of a spicy kick, but not too overpowering.  The toppings worked really well flavor wise, but the gravy presented a bit of a challenge towards eating it.  It dictated that you had to eat the pie from the centre out.  I don't normally do that because I find the centre of pies to be too hot.  But I manned up and it wasn't too bad, and well worth the slightly hot first few bites.

CC

No comments: