Friday, March 08, 2013

It's National Peanut Cluster Day!!!

I decided that before I posted anything about peanut clusters I would try and clear something up in my head. What I needed to know was, what exactly is a peanut cluster.  By definition a peanut cluster should be a bunch of peanuts bound together by some kind of product, chocolate or taffy.  After looking around the internets I discovered that the most common way to bind these nuts would be chocolate.  The thing is, according to many of the examples I found, you can also have additional, ingredients in a peanut cluster.  Caramel, marshmallows, other nuts, can all be found in peanut clusters.  So that means that just about any chocolate that you eat that contains more than one peanut, could by definition, be a peanut cluster.  I'm not sure I agree with that, I think a peanut cluster should only contain peanuts, and a binding agent.  I guess that makes me a peanut cluster snob.

CC

No comments: