Monday, October 07, 2013

Should Candy Be Healthy?

This is a debate that has been going on for years in the candy industry, and I don't think it will ever be over.  Candy companies want you to eat their candy, if you decide that you want to eat only healthy foods, then they will either change their candy, or market their candy, to appear more healthy.  Sometimes, like in the case of this week's new review, health food companies will try to make their healthier item, seem more like candy.  In these cases you get vitamin infused treats, and snacks that are built around getting you to eat something that may not be in your diet.  Personally I don't really care how "healthy" my candy is, I want it to be tasty and that's all.  Don't get me wrong, I think you should eat right, but when you lessen the quality of a candy for the sake of making it healthier, you're giving up the whole point.  You should be eating candy because you want an indulgence, if you take away the quality of that indulgence, you wont be satisfied.  If you increase the quality of that indulgence you'll be satisfied quicker.

Click here to read today's health food crossover candy.

CC

No comments: