Monday, November 11, 2013

This Week In Candy

Last week I attempted my first ever "I'll make it, if you suggest it".  It's a little project I'm doing on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.  It's very simple, every so often I ask my friends to suggest something that I should attempt to make, in many cases the recipe doesn't exist.  Then I pick the one that I think is the most insane, and try to make it.  This first attempt is an Oreo upside down lava cake with frosting.  Just in case it's not clear, I used an Oreo instead of a cherry in the middle of the pineapple.  This suggestion came from my friend Brent, who may be making a future appearance on the Junk Fud podcast.  I have a few more suggestions that I may try, but I'm always looking for more ideas as well.  So be sure to send them in and I may attempt your treat.  As a note, I should tell you that while this looks tasty (?), it's was kind of gross.

Don't forget, it's not too late to enter our contest with a prize provided by our good friends at candycrate.com.  First prize is an awesome box of nostalgic candies sent right to your front door.  All you have to do is tell me what candy treat has the best memories for you, and why.  Click here for more details, and information on where to enter.

The rest of this week, like last week, is going to be full of nostalgic candy.  We're looking back at some of our favorite candy things that gives us great memories.

CC

No comments: