Monday, November 25, 2013

This Week In Candy

This week I got an e-mail from my friends Justin and his father Eric.  Justin was given some rather strange treats as a gift and they wanted to share them with me.  I've actually heard of "Box of Boogers", but I'd never heard of "Ground Gremlin" before.  I asked Justin to give me his opinion and he sent me this:  "It's like spaghetti...and sugary...and it's licorice...and...hamburger meat...but you can't make hamburgers out of it...because it is candy... It tasted like candy but there was a lot of sugar...it was like....like... I don't know...it was like a little bit of....it tasted like chewy strawberries...with ah.....ah.....crunchy sugar."

I think this week I'm going to brainstorm.  I'm going to open my mind and just write out article concepts for this blog.  I welcome any suggestions, and I even welcome anybody to contribute and idea that they'd like to write about.  I can't guarantee anything, but most of my guest writers at some point have received free candy.

Not to get off the subject of candycritic.org, but over the next few months our sister site bewarethecheese.com is going to be getting a bit of a face lift.  That might lead to a link or two on this site going out.  I'll try to fix them where I can.  When the new changes are up on bewarethecheeese.com, make sure to stop by and maybe even buy yourself a nice piece of art.

Well I just finished a batch of applesauce, so I'm going to go sit in my kitchen and just smell.

CC

No comments: