Monday, March 17, 2014

This Week In Candy

I've decided that this week I'm going to start things off with a question.  Is the gummy pictured above an alligator or a crocodile?  I've asked a few of my nature expert friends this very question, and the consensus is that it is a crocodile, and a potentially dangerous one at that.  That got me thinking, how accurate are the depictions of animals in our food? Are animal crackers even close? Would a bear expert complain about the kind of tail found on a gummy bear? Are gummy worms the proper length? I'm always impressed when I come across candy that has a great deal of detail, but now I think I might start looking at accuracy too.

Next week I have a quick excursion planned to lovely Italy.  The plan is to enjoy a little R&R, but I'm sure there will also be some treat hunting as well.  If you have any favorite Italia treats you think I should try, let me know.

I'm also starting work on the second faze of a big writing project.  It's about chocolate, so I'm sure what I'm writing about will spill into Candy Critic fairly regularly.  Right now I'm trying to learn absolutely everything I can about chocolate, the history, the science, everything.  It's a big task, but I think it's going to be really fun.

Finally, all this week on our Instagram feed (Candy Critic Snack Facts) we're looking at fun facts about ice cream.  Ice cream is one of my favorite treats, and since spring should be coming any day now, my body has started to crave some chocolate ripple.  You can also follow Candy Critic Snack Facts on our Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Tumblr pages as well.

CC

No comments: