Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A Cool Candy Thing - Movie Edition Part 1

To start off our collection of candy movies, we're going to look at famous kids movies about candy.  Keep in mind that not all of these movies are based in candy, however candy does play a big role in the story.  Each trailer will feature a quick review, if I've seen it, and a quick what I expect it to be about, if I haven't.

Wreck It Ralph


 I'm kind of amazed that I haven't seen this movie before, it's got a candy world, lots of retro video game reference, and it's a cartoon.



Chitty Chitty Bang Bang


 Did you know that the same guy that wrote this movie, also wrote the James Bond novels (Ian Fleming).  While many people don't think about this movie as a candy movie, a candy (toot-sweets) play a huge role in the story.



Hop


I haven't seen Hop and I'm not sure if I ever will.  It's not that it looks like a really bad movie, I've just never thought of Easter time as a time to watch movies, and that's the only time this movie is relevant.



CC

No comments: