Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A Cool Candy Thing


When I was a little kid, I used to have a tiny plastic pool in my front yard. One day my neighbor friend brought over a plastic ice cream cone, with a sponge like top on it (the same as the ones picture above).  On the cone was a button that would shoot the sponge ice cream top using a spring.  The sponge ice cream top was connected to the cone with a string, so it wouldn't fly very far away.  My friend decided that it would be really neat to dip the ice cream sponge in the pool and have it soak up the water.  He also decided to cut the string holding the cone to the sponge.  The hope was that we could have the ultimate water toy, the reality was that the water made the sponge too heave and it launched about 2 inches before falling to the ground.

CC

No comments: