Friday, December 12, 2014

Candy In The Media



Man this is a depressing song.  I've learned two things about Dolly Parton listening to this song.  First of all she really gets sad around Christmas time, I mean she's really not that happy at all.  Secondly, I get the feeling that like many people, Dolly Parton does not like hard Christmas candy.  I wonder if she had the same experience as I did.  When I was a kid my mom would put out hard candy at Christmas and most of it wouldn't be touched, then it would sit in the bowl for months, forgotten. Eventually I'd be desperate enough to try and eat some but by then it would have hardened into a solid lump. I'd try and break pieces off, and I'd inevitably cut myself on the hard candy scaring my hands and my interest in Christmas candy forever.

(Thanks to Mark for his song suggestion)

CC

No comments: