Monday, January 11, 2016

This Week In Candy

Is it too early to think about Valentine's Day? I've started to think about Valentines Day a lot lately.  It's actually one of my favorite holidays of the year.  I like it because people rarely expect anything for this day, yet there's so much you can offer. Even as an adult I've been known to give all of my friends Valentines, in particular the cute ones they sell at drug stores for kids to give to their classmates.  I also really like the quality and variety of candy available on this holiday. Unlike Halloween and Christmas, where you often only get the same types of candy you see all year only themed for that holiday. Valentine's Day candy is associated with high quality chocolates, in decorative and classier packaging.  So I'm thinking about it now, and I'll be thinking about it till Valentine's Day is over.

This week we have the second episode of our podcast Junk Fud going online.  This week's episode is the first in our series called Junk Fud History.  Inspired by a really disappointing cookie experience I had a while back, this episode looks at the history of Keebler.  This is one of those cookie companies that I can't say that I love, yet it's probably one of the most recognizable in the world.  It probably has something to do with those elves.

Today, right after writing this, I'm going to be taking a whole bunch of photographs (in association with our sister site bewarethecheese.com).  I've got all kinds of article ideas for this site, as well as ideas for Snack facts, and I need photographs.  Many of these photos are for articles that probably won't be going up for a while, months likely, but I like to be extra prepared.  You can see what we're shooting if you follow any of our social media sites, or just wait till the articles are online.

This week on Snack Facts, our Instagram feed, we're looking at corn chips.  Originally a Mexican creation, these chips are now available all over the world.  Make sure to check Snack Facts every day this week to learn something new about these crunchy chips. If you don't use Instagram, don't worry, you can also follow Snack Facts on our Facebook page and Twitter feed as well.

This week's review is a bar that I picked up in Africa earlier this year.  I was going to include it in our African candy review-a-thon, but I felt that it really needed to go up on it's own.  Probably one of the most unique chocolate bars I've tasted in a while, and well worth hunting down if you've never tried it.  Click here to read this latest cool review.

CC

No comments: