Monday, January 18, 2016

This Week In Candy

For reasons I can't really get into, I have suddenly come across a large quantity of Circus Peanuts.  These "marshmallow" treats are often considered to be one of the most unpopular candies, yet for some reason they've been around for a very long time.  Seeing as I have so many, I've decided to not only review them, but also try out a few experiments as well.  The first experiment involves the most popular sugary cereal in the world, Lucky Charms.  I don't want to get into the details of this experiment now, but it involves Circus Peanuts and a little historical background.  The second experiment I'm planning is something that I need a little help with, I want to bake with Circus Peanuts.  The problem is, I'm not sure what I could possible bake using them as an ingredient.  The only thing that's come to mind is Rice Krispy Squares.  So if you've got any ideas send me a note.

On top of dealing with a strangely large number of Circus Peanuts, we're also planning our next travel adventure, this time to Thailand. Every time I plan a trip, I make sure to ask any of you foodies out there if there's something I shouldn't miss.  So I ask you again, is there anything in Thailand a sweet loving foodie has to try?

This week on Snack Facts, our Instagram feed, we're going to expand our minds about Circus Peanuts.  I figure since we just got so many of them around, why not learn a little something about the history of this "popular" snack.  Make sure to check out Instagram feed every day this week for a new fun fact about these soft orange peanuts.  If you don't use Instagram, you can also follow Snack Facts on our Facebook page and Twitter feed as well.

This week's new review is a bit of a surprise for me.  I wasn't planning on posting this review this week, but I just couldn't stop myself.  This Cadbury chocolate bar was so good that I just wanted to share it with the whole world.  As you can imagine it did fairly well, so click here and find out why.

CC

No comments: