Monday, January 25, 2016

This Week In Candy

I was at a bulk store that specializes in nuts and I came across these little nuggets (pictured above).  The package said "Chocolate Covered Peans", and I'm not really sure what a "Pean" is.  I can tell you that they're not peanuts, and I don't think they're peas either.  Covered in chocolate I would describe the taste as a cross between a dried pea, and a stale Count Chocula cereal bit.  If you happen to have any idea what I just ate, please let me know.

This week we'll be posting the first article we have planned on the subject of Circus Peanuts.  I got so many of them a few weeks ago that my mind has come up with hundreds of ideas for projects that I can do with them.  This week's article is going to look at the origins of Lucky Charms, and origin that is actually tied very closely to Circus Peanuts.  That article should be up later this week.  I'm also writing a future article that will probably go online in March all about the many flavours of Jelly Bellies.  Originally it was going to be just one article, but now I think it may turn into a five part series.

This week we're also posting another episode of the Junk Fud podacst, called Junk Fud in the News.  This is one of the more challenging episodes that we have to record, and we hope to record it tomorrow.  So far the new podcast has proven to be fairly successful, and it just keeps getting better.  So make sure to click here, and check out what we've been up to, and what we have coming up.

This week on Snack Facts, our Instagram feed, we're looking at whipped cream.  Probably the most decadent topping one can put on any cake or ice cream sundae.  This week we'll look at the science and history of this fluffy white whipped fat.  You can check out Snack Facts on our Instagram feed, Facebook page, or Twitter feed for a new whipped cream fact every day this week.

This week's new candy review is a Japanese snack that makes one of the worst flavoured Japanes drinks seem somewhat edible.  Matcha is a green tea that's often used in ceremonies, but also commonly found in many Japanese sweets.  Find out why Milky managed to make this work (sort of), but clicking here.

CC

No comments: