Monday, March 07, 2016

This Week In Candy

Have you ever walked down the aisle of your local grocery store and something just catches your eye.  This something isn't new to you, but the minute your eyes see it the cravings start.  This is what happened to me last week, and the thing I saw was a bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos.  It's been a while since I've eaten a bag of Doritos, and they're not my chip of choice, usually.  This day however I just needed to eat the glowing orange cheese covered corn chip so badly.  It also crossed my mind that I've never reviewed Nacho Cheese Doritos, and we've never covered them on Snack Facts.  So I picked up the bag and spent a few days photographing, writing, and most importantly eating Doritos.

Along with our latest Doritos obsession, we're also still capping a few loose ends from our Thailand trip.  Tomorrow we'll be posting our Thailand food overview blog, with highlights from our trip.  We're also going to be recording the third episode of Junk Fud On The Road where Allison and I will discuss some of the things we discovered on this trip.  Finally, this week I have a bit of a conundrum to work out.

While in Thailand I discovered a candy called Galamay.  I was going to feature it on the Thailand candy review-a-thon last week, but I didn't know what flavour to review.  This candy comes in such a range of flavours that I thought it deserved something on its own.  This week I have to figure out exactly what that something is.  Next week I'll either post a second review-a-thon featuring only Galamay, or I'll post a special article all about this uniquely Thai candy.  I may have a few updates on our Twitter and Facebook about the process of working out this story idea as the week goes on, and on next week's This Week In Candy, I'll let you know what I decide to do.

As you read above, this week's Snack Facts (out Instagram feed) is all about the bright orange chip we know and love, Doritos. This chip has a pretty fascinating history, and there's a lot out there that people don't know a lot about it.  Every day this week we'll post a new fact about this crunchy snack on Snack Facts, our Instagram feed. We'll also post our fun facts on our Twitter feed and Facebook page as well.

In keeping with our Dorito obsession, this week's review is of the classic nacho cheese flavour. It's one of those snacks that I've eaten many times since starting candycritic.org, but for some reason never thought about writing a review.  Click here to read the review, and find out why it's taken so long.

CC

No comments: