Monday, November 14, 2016

This Week In Candy

I don't like to be political on this blog. I believe that snacks, candy, and treats are universally loved no matter what political party you align yourself with.  This week's American election was a pretty big deal, no matter what the result, history was going to be made.  This got me thinking, what could I enjoy during this election that would be both neutral, yet also yummy.  I decided on brownies (root beer brownies to be precise), but you may be asking why is a brownie neutral?  It's simple, brownies are good for both celebrating and consoling.  If you show up to a party with a batch of brownies, people are not sad.  However, if your friend just broke up with their significant other, and you show up at their house with brownies, it's pretty good at consoling them.  I figured that brownies are the perfect election treat, if you're happy with the results, yeah brownies! If you're not happy, sorry to hear about your loss, brownies.

Here at Candy Critic we're gearing up for our trip to New York. We've got a few plans already worked out, including a stop at Dylan's Candy Bar.  I first went to Dylan's so many years ago, and it became a regular stop for me whenever I visited New York. Since I haven't been there in a while, I'm interested in seeing how it's changed.  I'm also looking forward to seeing what kind of Christmas treats and treasures I come across on this trip. You can keep up with our New York trip by following us on Twitter or Facebook. Also let me know if you have any other New York tips for me?

All our regular posts are ready to go on the blog this week.  I'm also looking at re-starting our Instagram feed Snack Facts.  Likely it'll be in the new year, but that's coming up pretty quickly.

This week's new review is about as Canadian as it gets. If you know a Canadian you'll know why, if you don't then it might be a bit of a mystery. I can tell you that these made me very happy to be back home. Click here to read this very Canadian review.

CC

No comments: