Monday, January 30, 2017

This Week In Candy

I've been working on the article all about winter themed candy ideas, and it lead to a new idea.  I was asking my friend Jess about some winter themed candy ideas when she started to get into the idea of Canadian candy ideas.  Since Canada is turning 150 years old this year, it sounds like designing some special edition Canadian candies would be a good idea.  I'm still at the early stages of this idea, however if you can think of some good ingredients, flavours or themes for Canadian candies, let me know.

Speaking of Canadian candies, not too many people seem to be interested in my campaign to get Tim Horton's to make a Beavertail style doughnut.  I'm still going to keep pushing it, but I really need your help too.  Call your local MP, write to the Prime Minister, at the very least make sure to post our fun little graphic (found here) on Facebook or Twitter.

This week on candycritic.org, we should be posting the latest episode of Junk Fud On The Road, all about the UK.  Hopefully we'll also post the special article all about winter themed candies that we've designed (as we mentioned above). We're also starting to think of fun future adventures later in the year, and gearing up for a big one (but we'll talk more about that later).

As for this week's review, it's a "new" variety of Sour Patch Kids, that I hope sticks around for a little while.  In fact I hope they keep trying new varieties as I think these gummies work really well with alternative flavours.  Click here to read the review.

CC

No comments: