Monday, May 29, 2017

This Week In Candy

I think we're officially in the summer schedule of things here at candycritic.org. I'd like to apologies for me posting this late, but frankly I think I'm just going to accept that the schedules here are going to be nuts over the summer. The other problem I have is cookies on the brain.  I can't seem to get my mind off of cookies for the last few weeks.  I have two projects in mind involving cookies, and I hope I get them done over the summer.  The first is a project where I want to look at the what makes for a good cookie ingredients.  We'll look at chocolate chips, nuts, and other unconventional cookie toppings in this article. My other idea is to create the perfect Canadian cookie for Canada's 150th birthday.  This is inspired by a new maple leaf shaped cookie cutter I've recently purchased. If you have any ideas about "Canadian" cookie ingredients, let me know.

This week Allison and I have decided we're going to try and record a few episodes of Junk Fud On the Road, so we don't fall behind again. I think it's also about time to clean out the candycritic.org candy drawer.  That means anybody that runs into me in the next few weeks will likely be offered some kind of candy.  I'll likely post about the clean out process on our Facebook and Twitter feeds as they happen.  Maybe I'll even shoot a live Periscope feed while I'm doing it.

This week's new review is our first Ice Cream review of the year.  I'll be honest, it's a review I wrote while I still lived in Pakistan, but I was saving it for a summer back home.  It reminds me about one of the great discoveries from my time in Pakistan, and reminds me not to judge a place's food before I eat it.  Click here to find out why.

CC

No comments: