Tuesday, September 26, 2017

So We're Living In Cambodia For Now

As you may or may not know, we move around a lot. While our official home is and always will be Canada, we find ourselves constantly on the move, and leaving our home and native land for a while.  This year we've found ourselves in Cambodia.  Cambodia is a great place to be for many reasons.  First of all it's pretty close to a lot of great food destinations. Thailand and Vietnam are a stone throw from us, and the rest of east Asia is a short flight away.  Now that I think about it, Australia isn't too far either... hmmm.

The other great thing about Cambodia is the food is pretty amazing. We've only been here a few weeks and we're already discovering the amazing range of foods available. From where we live we can find lots of French food, Cambodian food, Japanese food, Chinese food, and a plethora of western and other world cuisines.  This place is such a foodie country that you can't walk for a block without smelling something cooking.  I have to be honest, when we first moved here I was worried about what might be the most common smell, but food is certainly the main odor. That does make going for walks difficult, at every corner your stomach rumbles.

As for candy, I'm finding it a little more difficult in some ways.  There are candies from just about every corner of the globe available here, but I'm having trouble finding the local treats.  For the most part any local treats I've found I've either tried already, or they're just copies of western , French or Japanese treats.  Maybe that is what this culture is  about, after all it's pretty hard to pin point a true Canadian treat as well. Fortunately I have a few years here to explore.

As for the site, I'm sure over the next few years our collection of Asian treat reviews is just going to keep growing.  I can also see this as being the perfect environment for episodes of Chris, Why Would You Eat That?!!, as I've already discovered some truly sketchy foods.  Hopefully Allison and I will be able to get out a bit more and record some new episodes of Junk Fud On The Road as well.  We already have a few episodes coming up about our journey here.  Finally this move might be giving me some time to update candycritic.org itself.  The plan is to update it with WordPress, but at this point I'm just trying to get a handle on how that works.  If you're a WordPress expert any help would be greatly appreciated.

To all of you out there reading this, thanks for following along with our adventures.

CC

No comments: